Character Name: Remus J Lupin
Species (human/alien/vampire/other?): Wizard werewolf
Extra-human/abnormal abilities, if any?: Casts magic, often with a wand or word. Stronger than he should be, heals faster (though by no means regenerates), can scent track, on full moon, becomes slavering monster hell bent on chewing people.
1. Is it okay for your character's thoughts to be read/their mind to be probed? Yes.
2. Is it okay for any of your character’s intense/distressing memories to be seen/heard/read in this situation? Yes.
3. What kind of mind does your character have? Are they disturbed at all? Are their thoughts ordered or jumbled? Remus' mind is a strange place. On the surface it's very controlled, but it's a thin veneer between human and the wolf. The wolf is very emotional, often angry and Remus spends a lot of time trying to sort out what's him and what's the wolf. It's almost split in half and jumbled at the same time because they're the same being, however different.
4. Is it okay for your character’s emotions to be sensed? Yes, he has strong emotional reactions, he just doesn't show them.
5. Does your character have a weak or strong mind? Are they susceptible to influence or hypnotism? He's strong minded against corruption and coercion, but weak willed and can be manipulated.
6. Does your character have supernatural/mental fortification against mind-reading or telepathic communication? A little, but he's not much for it.
7. In the case of characters who are extra-sentient/psychic and can just 'know' things about people, can the muns of these characters use the powers of Wikipedia to get information about your character? Sure thing, but I'd like to know through the wonders of OOC communication. :D
8. If so, is there anything that should absolutely never ever be brought up? Not that I can think of?
9. Anything that should absolutely be brought up? The wolf. Remus' huge bundles of guilt, over Harry, over the risk he poses, over Snape.
10. Will thoughts in the narration be up for grabs? If so, how will you indicate these? Italics/strikes/something else? Usually I use italics for emphasis and loudness in thoughts.
11. Does your character have any fears/phobias that you wouldn't mind being exploited? Ones that you'd like to NOT be exploited? He's terrified of the effect of the full moon, or really, of himself and what he might do. Exploit away.
1. Is it okay for your character to be affected by chemical agents? Fear toxins, for example? Yep. Though he may smell them.
2. Does your character have any unique biological difference that would affect their resistance to toxins/chemical substances? As a werewolf, he has a very sensitive nose. He does process things a bit faster, but he'd still be affected.
3. Does your character have any notable genetic/supernatural/biological difference that would make their blood in any way different to a regular baseline human's (that would make them taste different if they were fed on by a vampire, for example)? He's a werewolf. It's a blood borne, contagious illness. I have no idea how it would change his blood, but it would not be normal.
1. How okay are you with your character coming to physical harm? Perfectly.
2. How okay are you with your character's home/possessions being targeted by bad guys? Yep.
3. Can your character be impacted by telekinesis? Yep.
4. With regard to vampires, would your character be willing to be a donor? Probably not and I don't think it would be healthy.
5. If no, then how about unwilling? Please do!
6. With regard to shapeshifters, are you okay with having those with this power taking the shape of your character? I guess so?
7. If your character has any superhuman abilities, would you be okay with these being replicated by those who have the power to absorb/take on the powers of others? I'm not sure. Maybe I'd like to talk it out before any definite answer is given?
8. In a physical confrontation, is it okay if characters who have the power to sense/foresee/predict movements use this to their advantage against your character? Yes.
9. Are you willing to participate in plots where your character will sustain damage outside of a fight, such as in situations with torture, environmental hazards, or accidents? Yes.
10. Is there anything about them that would stand out noticeably (things like scars, physical augmentations, illness, anomalies, etc.) if they were ever injured or otherwise examined by a doctor? Are any of these things noticeable to others without close inspection? Remus is heavily, heavily scarred. Most of it is fairly old and well healed, but he does spend a portion of each year attacking himself if he can't get access to his potion.
1. Can your character be influenced and tempted by magical or supernatural means? Technically yes, but he's a defensive magic user himself and a natural charm user.
2. If yes, will someone with the ability be able to find this out about them, and in what areas (think the seven deadly sins) can your character be tempted? The wolf is angry. Remus himself has a desperate need to be liked and accepted.
3. Could your character be glamoured (a form of mind control employed by vampires to make humans compliant/alter their memories etc.)? Maybe. I think he'd be very resistant to it, because of his training, fields of specialty and werewolf.
4. Can your character be effected by spells of any kind, and are there any specific types to which they would be immune? He's resistant to harmful magic, but he mostly relies on his own ability to counter it. He can't be forced into his werewolf form. The werewolf is weak to magic against Dark Creatures, such as the Patronus charm.
5. Can your character's presence be sensed by characters with the power to read auras/pick up generalized vibes from people? Yes.
6. If yes, what kind of stand-out things about your character can be sensed? It's loud with magic, both because of his wizarding heritage and his werewolf blood. He's a surprisingly strong wizard and had been a werewolf for thirty years.
7. With regard to characters that can sense danger/receive visions/predict general doom, are you okay with your character being the subject of any of this, if the occasion arises? Certainly.
1. Will your character change their name as it is shown on the map? If so, what will they change it to? Nope.
2. If they’re able, will they ever opt to hide their location on the map? Maybe. If he's hiding or doesn't want people to know where he goes to shift.
3. If your character is from an earlier point in their canon than another member of your cast, what is and is not okay for your fellow castmate to spill the beans about regarding your character’s future? Spill the lot! He just might not believe it.
4. With regard to characters that like to snoop, can they find anything that's been publicly said by your character through the tablets? Probably. Remus is NOT tech savvy.
5. How about privately? Again: probably.
6. Is there anything you'd especially like to be known about your character, for the purposes of amusement? Not that I can think of off hand? Though I suspect he'll advertise werewolf for everyone's safety.
7. Anything you especially don't? Again, not really.
8 Do you like threadhopping (a character not already in a thread jumping in unexpectedly to reply to a comment), and are you okay with other people threadhopping in your threads and posts? Sure thing! More the merrier! Unless, like, I'm in a thread with someone in their locked house and someone suddenly burst in to contribute their two cents. Maybe not then.